Doing the laundry may not be as straightforward as one might think. Color fading / color loss, espcailly on cotton clothes, must be a laundry problem that everyone have confronted with.
However, restoring colors is actually easier than you think. All you need is only a teabag! Read on to see how to make the magic happens.
* Please note that this method works the best with deep-colored cotton clothes.
What you need:
- A few teabags
- 100ml vinegar
- A spray bottle
How to restore color:
1. Place 1-2 teabags in a cup of hot water, and leave it for a few minutes. Remove the teabag from the cup.
Tea is one of the perfect natural dye – affordable, environment-friendly and easy to get. (I recommend black tea for stronger color)
2. Add 100ml vinegar into the cup, and blend it.
Vinegar can lock the color into the clothes and prevent color loss.
3. Pour it into a spray bottle, and spray it all over the clothes evenly.
Using stream spray for better result is recommended.
4. Dry it with a clothes dryer or hair dryer (hot air flow).
Then you will see the magic!
How to prevent color from fading again:
1. Add vinegar to the wash load
2. Use a pH neutral Detergent (a pH level of 7)
Share this post if you find it helpful!
Recommended Reading >>Your Guide To Style Perfect Floral Clothes – 4 Tips